Dragos is Professor of Manufacturing Engineering in the Department of M3, Machining and Condition Monitoring (MCM) Research team. He held two NATO Research Fellowships in Italy and Denmark and in 2000 moved to UK to carry out research at the University of Birmingham and subsequently at the University of Nottingham. He was appointed Lecturer in Manufacturing Engineering (2005) and successively promoted to Associate Professor (2007), Reader (2010) and Professor (2011).
Dragos is Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineer (IMechE) and Fellow of the International Academy of Production Engineering (FCIRP).Since 2009 he is the Director of the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC) in Manufacturing and On-Wing Technology. He is also Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture.
Innovative Manufacturing Processes
• Advanced Machining and Finishing Technologies
• Abrasive Waterjet Machining
• Monitoring and Optimisation of Manufacturing Processes
• Design and Construction of Miniature Machine Tolls
• Design of Innovative Tools for Aerospace Manufacture
• Product Innovation & Technology Transfer
• Design for Manufacturing / Assembly CAD / CAM
• Material Science / Workpiece Surface Integrity Analysis • Applied Tribology